P90X the Fevola Way

This is a nice 'friendly' challenge amongst family.

In the end we'll leave it up to you, our family and friends, to pick a winner.

This should be fun, so sit back and enjoy the mayhem.



Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Random thoughts....

So, I walk in the livingroom the other day and Tom is doing Kenpo.  I'm immediately jealous.  I'm a day behind him so I had some other thing to do.  Kenpo is definitely the best video.  Why?? Well, you just sweat and punch and when you look up your done.  That, is cool.  You feel all stong and fit when you do it.

I broke the dog.  I took her out the other night for one of our walks and I actually had to call Tom to come get her.  Did I tell you this already??  She just couldn't make it.  So, since then I've taken her on some shorter walks.  A 4 mile and then I had to move down to 2 miles.  Apparently 2 is her limit right now and that may be pushing it a bit.  I don't know if that will increase when the weather changes or if she is just too old to keep up with me..(I thought for certain she would have broken me)  So now before or after I go on a real walk I need to walk the dog.  Usually just for 1-2 miles.  Lauren has been good and taken her for me most nights, which is the least she can do since she totally cheezed out on the p90x challenge.

I totally thought Tom was gonna be the one who fell first since he came in with such a bad attitude, but he has definitely embraced it and as he does point out he has not skipped any time in the program.

Since Buffy no longer comes along, I have to time my walks very carefully.  Not to early or I will combust into flames.  Not too late because the location of the first 3 miles of my walk would feel a lot less safe after sunset.  But if I hit just the right time and there is a small breeze, then all is well. 

After mile 3 however the sun is most definitely gone.  If Lisha is with me we usually chat our way along and time goes by pretty quickly.  If I'm on my own however and I have on the ipod, well, sometimes one of those damned runners comes up behind me and startle me.  Can I just say all this Kenpo training has about kicked in a couple times--I'm afraid I'm gonna get freaked out one night and lunge, punch, jab.  At that point the runner is either going to start pointing and laughing at me or I'm gonna need someone to come bail me out.



No comments:

Post a Comment