P90X the Fevola Way

This is a nice 'friendly' challenge amongst family.

In the end we'll leave it up to you, our family and friends, to pick a winner.

This should be fun, so sit back and enjoy the mayhem.



Tuesday, July 6, 2010

In the beginning there were rules...

Ok, here are the rules thusfar...Which are totally subject to my whim.

  • Each participant must workout to p90x at least 4 times a week.  You can do other activities or workouts but they may not do more than one p90x workout a day.  
  • Each participant must blog at least twice a week but no more than once a day.
  • No posting video or photos of other participants without permission (this also includes weights and statistics)
So, where am I and where am I going.  For those who have followed along--the white capris.  I can get into the white capris.  It doesn't look good, but I can get into them.  I have not eaten any Gardetto's since starting this weight loss process.  I still intend on eating a damned bagful of the things once I'm happily ensconced in these white capris.  I suspect that goal is less than a month away.  This program is 90 days though right? So, what are my overall goals for this venture?

P90x goals.  25 pounds.  Pretty aggressive goal, but let's see how this goes. I've read a bit about the program and most people don't see a ton of weight loss but they see great results in size as things tighten and firm on up.  (yes, I could use a hand with this damned gravity thing.)

Yesterday we took all our measurements and our "before" photos---which will not be posted now. I'm just not that brave or ready yet...maybe I never will be.  Who knows. Today I did the first day of video.  I'll tell you about that tomorrow, but I can say I'm immediately pissed off at this program.  Today was Chest and Back and then it made you do a second workout back to back called ab ripper.  And so, the delusion of what this will be like is slowly seeping away and reality sets in.  This is truly going to suck.

Let's just say that throughout the first workout the dude kept saying "pick a goal" for each set of reps and his little minions kept picking numbers.  They would call out 22 or 30 or 28.  I never had a number though.  I kept thinking of goals like "don't die" or "don't let your arms collapse halfway through cause your face will hit the ground and you might break stuff"  and of course "don't let go of the resistence band cause that will take an eye out".  I don't know what the numbers were about.

Wish me well.
 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I watched some of this as I was eating my Pringles last night. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim and i are on day 4 of the P90X classic program, I was doing the lean version by myself for awhile. The trick is getting all the way thru a workout, which we have been able to do with the exception of plyo(we lasted 30 minutes) The cool thing is there are a gazillion others doing this P90X thing out there in blog land,and on facebook so venting is easy :)
    Alice if you ever need some extra pocket change I'm pretty sure the boys and I would pay for viewing seats as "the husband' worked his way thru yogaX :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY Husband DOES P90X! Hayden even does it with his Daddy...LOL OH the P90X has been a subject around this house for many months but I will not go in to that here! LOL I do have to admit that at the end of last year I sat watching my Husband do his work out to P90x while eating a HOT MOLTEN Chocolate Lava Cake.....

    ReplyDelete