P90X the Fevola Way

This is a nice 'friendly' challenge amongst family.

In the end we'll leave it up to you, our family and friends, to pick a winner.

This should be fun, so sit back and enjoy the mayhem.



Thursday, July 8, 2010

The morning after..

Stupidity. I knew this was going to happen. I did the first one last night, Chest and Back. BS. I haven't done that many push ups since my freakin' military boot camp days. My triceps have nearly fallen off today. I haven't been this sore in a long time.

And what's up with that Ab Ripper X after all of it? Seriously, that's not cool.

Highlights:

1. At one point my daughter Lauren looked at me and asked if I was going to finish. There was no point I was even close to giving up, I was however pissed off about the entire endeavor.

2. I almost puked. Yes, I did almost hurl. I gave myself a 100% chance of pukage after I was done too, but it didn't materialize. If I do, I'm yakking on Alice's pillow, this was her idea. I'm also taking photos of any puke that I may produce and posting them here. I want grades on color, texture and amount.

3. I'm mad at the world, and it will only get worse. Oh, Alice finds it funny now, but when I go to the "bad place" in my mind, I am class A, grade 1 mean.

4. I wanted to punch the guy doing the workout. Not because we were working hard, I think he's a damned primadonna. What an asshat. We will be muting him on a go forward basis for sure.

89 hours left. That's how my mind works. 89 more to go. I will hurt, I will be sore, I may die, but I've got more time at sea, on the crapper, at general quarters than these 89 hours. No, I will not yield on this. I will do all 90 of them.

Alice, I know what you wanted this to be, it's not what you're looking for.

More to follow, expect cynicism to get worse.

Fevola, OUT!

4 comments:

  1. This is good stuff, what will be even better is when you put your Tony Horton pom poms on and begin raving about how great you feel, oh and the 1st time you find yourself using the phrase "bring it". Next week will be easier and soon you will be actually enjoying the workouts, feeling good because you not only finished a workout but had enough left in you to make it up the stairs to shower without cussing your weak ass quads for giving up on you (I preach from personal experience)
    As I said to Alice in her post, I'm willing to pay for seats to watch you pull off the yoga dvd, and not wanna throw the nearest object thru the tv each time he says "plank" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gusky, if that's you, dude, I'm going to smack you silly when I see you again.

    Lisa, I have no worries I can't hack making it through each one, I just don't like it.

    As far as Yoga, I'll let you know how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that was Gusky. But if you can't put on your own shirt then how are you going to smack Gusky?

    ReplyDelete