P90X the Fevola Way

This is a nice 'friendly' challenge amongst family.

In the end we'll leave it up to you, our family and friends, to pick a winner.

This should be fun, so sit back and enjoy the mayhem.



Thursday, July 8, 2010

Warnings....for idiots

 
"Or you feel discomfort"-- are they serious??  I would eject the CD at this point every time if I followed directions.  I have to point out I suspect there will be discomfort with any excercise program you partake in right??  Is someone really enjoying this stuff?

As to my perky friend Lisa and her comments regarding how wonderful this program is and how much easier it gets.  Be advised girlie,  I am pretty sure I'll be dropping the F Bomb in this blog repeatedly before the 90 days is up. I'm guessing maybe you passed at least part of the pre fitness test that they have.  I on the other hand read the pre fitness test and conceded I wouldn't pass any of those things and just moved onto the videos anyways.

So far I've done 3 days of this program.  Day one is chest and back.  Mostly there are about a dozen cruel ways to make you do push ups.  Can I point out that I cannot even do one proper pushup.  Not even one.  Of course that doesn't mean I didn't try.  Oh, but I did.  I do hope before 90 days goes by I may be able to do just one lousy push up.  Just one.

After that sunny little bit of fun they make you do another mini work out called AB Ripper.  Well, that is just ridiculous.  I look like a total ass.  Wallowed out on the ground with my arms and legs flailing around. Again,  I'm not doing any of these moves properly I'm quite certain of it.

Day two was plyometrics.  Jumping and lungeing.  One needs balance and flexibility and I apparently am lacking in both those areas. Let me just say Lauren was in the room for this one when I did it.  Miss Athletic ability on the laptop rolls her eyes up and says "you know, your supposed to be doing what they're doing on the television"....so, I guess I'm not doing those moves properly either.

Today was arms and back and then another bout of ab ripper. 

90 days seems pretty long right now and it seems like a part time job to pay for liposuction would be much more effective at this point.

1 comment:

  1. Plyo sucks, even this "perky' girl can attest to the fact that my girth is in no way enjoying the jumping up and down aspect of this, and a new sports bra would greatly be appreciated. The ones they have that are supposed to "really' work are impossible to get into so suffice to say plyo is uncomfortable. Today is legs and back for us followed by ab ripper. last night was yoga and Tim is not flexible and got a better eye workout rolling his eyes at Tony than any other part of his physigue.
    Week 1 does suck I agree, but week 2 is better cuz you know whats coming, and week 3 is when you actually begin to believe these moves aren't impossible just a pain in the ass, but you find yourself actually doing them.
    Tim is traveling for work all next week and says he will workout, but I'm not certain he will.
    My question to you is, ya wanna go in on a carpet cleaner cuz P90X has me sweating my posterior off and my living room carpet is gonna begin showing my efforts, in an unpleasant way.

    ReplyDelete