P90X the Fevola Way

This is a nice 'friendly' challenge amongst family.

In the end we'll leave it up to you, our family and friends, to pick a winner.

This should be fun, so sit back and enjoy the mayhem.



Monday, July 12, 2010

Kenpo is so like an asian Pom Pon squad...

Kenpo was not the easiest, but it is by far my favorite.  Tony Horton makes it all out like it's supposed to be some kind of 'Fight Club' prep session but I didn't see it that way at all.

To me it was totally like being back in High School Pom Pons...Step, kick, throw out your arms.  Initially I had a tough time with the rhythm of it all but after a while it definitely got easier.  I also am feeling my balance improve as the days go by.

This has not improved my weight loss (I suspected it wouldn't with what I read) and it appears I'm gonna do the same as before I started this p90x, which averages 2 pounds a week. If all holds true however, everyone raves its inches that go, not pounds. 

And since the 'recovery drink' was mentioned, let's go ahead and talk about that.  After every session of p90x Tony Horton is busy hawking the added supplements and nutritional vitamins and recovery drink etc.  At this point those who have done the work out are so busy trying to scrape themselves off the floor that it's tough to go turn off the DVD.  He has a completely captivated weakened audience and I am pretty sure this is some form of brainwashing mind control going on.  I'm not buying it.

1 comment:

  1. Kenpo is 1 of my favs too, i have 2 that I enjoy doing. I really like arms and shoulders day as well.
    Last night I made the big mistake of taking a break between the chest and back workout and ab ripper (long enough to watch Rules of Engagement), for 2 reasons, 1, I was wiped out. 2, I was contemplating not doing it at all. I most likely will not do that again. While I did do ab ripper, my body had cooled down and it was harder.
    Recovery drink does work, making it while your arms feel like spaghetti is comical, almost as fun as getting all the way up the stairs and to the shower without providing audio of how your muscles are feeling.
    While there is no box of cereal on my living room floor, I definately hear those little guys "snap, crackle and pop" working out with me. Is my body supposed to talk back like that?

    ReplyDelete